Court records reveal new details of quadruple shooting after 3 teenagers were arrested

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) – Three teenagers are under arrest in connection with last week’s deadly quadruple shooting in the East End of Richmond. Two children were killed and two men were seriously injured in the incident.

Richmond Police Chief Gerald Smith said officers and detectives were working around the clock, skipping sleep and time with their families, to find out who is responsible for the “heinous” crime. The US Marshals Office is now offering a reward of $ 5,000 for information leading to more arrests.

“We’re going to sue you,” Smith said at a press conference on Saturday. “We will come for you.”

Chief Smith stands by his words this weekend after a 9 and 14-year-old child was shot dead. He announced Tuesday morning that three men had been arrested for their involvement.

Clintoine Baker, 18, was taken into police custody on Monday evening. (Photo: Richmond Police Department)

Clintoine Baker, 18, and two 17-year-olds, whose names and photos are withheld because of their age, were taken into police custody on Monday evening.

They face a host of charges collectively, including:

  • Use of a firearm in the commission of a crime
  • Aggravated malicious injuries
  • Possession of a firearm by a minor
  • Shooting in a busy vehicle
  • Shooting from a moving vehicle
  • Attempted murder

Officers were called to Nine Mile and Creighton Roads last Friday and found four people shot dead in the OMG convenience store. Two men were seriously injured and tragically two young children were shot dead: Rah’Quan Logan, 14, and Abdul Bani-Ahmad, 9.

Richmond Public Schools confirmed that Rah’Quan was a high school student in the district. Members of Abdul’s family told 8News he was hit by a bullet as he rushed into his family-owned store to retrieve a bag of crisps he left inside.

“I can’t imagine the pain they are feeling right now and I can say that this organization and I, personally, are with them,” Smith said. “This pain and scar will be there for the rest of their lives. “

The target on Friday night is still a mystery, but court records shed light on what happened. In these documents, an RPD officer details that around 7:30 p.m., a red Ford SUV was heading east on Nine Mile Road. As the car turned onto Creighton Road, several people inside the SUV unsheathed their guns and opened fire in the direction of the OMG convenience store. The document indicates that Abdul and Rah’Quan were both in the store and both were shot dead; two others were shot and suffered fatal injuries.

The document states that after the shooting, the red SUV continued down North Creighton Road for about a quarter of a mile when a silver sedan pulled up in front of the red SUV. It was then that the occupants, once again, drew their guns and began shooting at the silver car with a driver inside.

Two young children were shot dead: Rah’Quan Logan, 14, and Abdul Bani-Ahmad, 9.

He goes on to state that after this shooting, the red SUV was followed to the Redd Fox apartment complex in the Mosby Court area. Surveillance video captured four people exiting the red SUV, including Baker. The 18-year-old and three other people were seen on video hiding guns and crossing the street.

Chief Smith said Tuesday that at this time the shooting does not appear to be gang related, but he said the majority of the crimes were committed by “our youth.” He asked the community to get involved and come together.

This is an ongoing investigation and you can report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000. To provide an anonymous tip through the US Marshals, use your web browser to search a computer for USMS tips and submit a tip anonymously.

Comments are closed.