Immuta named leader in GigaOm Radar report for data governance solutions
BOSTON–(COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Immuta, the leader in universal cloud data access control, today announced it has been named a leader in the GigaOm Radar report for data governance solutions. The company is positioned in the Leader category as “Fast Mover”, the most innovative and ahead of all other data access control providers.
As more organizations seek to maximize the value of their data quickly and securely, the need for data access control and governance is a business imperative. In 2020, the data governance market was valued at $ 1.8 billion. By 2026, GigaOm predicts that number will climb to over $ 5 billion.
“Due to the growing attention to global data privacy regulations in recent years, data governance was seen as a mechanism to reduce risk and exposure, ”said Andrew Brust, analyst at GigaOm and author of the report. “However, recently there has been a repositioning of data governance as value added, based on the premise that better governed data generates even higher business value. ”
The GigaOm Radar report used key criteria including a single-view control panel, auditing and logging capabilities, data lineage capabilities, a self-service approach, and automated data classification to establish a decision-making framework for IT managers evaluating governance solutions.
Immuta has been recognized for its:
- Unified platform, which provides precise access control at column, row and cell level, and native access support to Databricks, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Apache Spark, Trino, Starburst, Azure Synapse, Google BigQuery, Amazon S3, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen 2, and Databricks SQL.
- Easy-to-use interface, which provides a better overall user experience.
- Policy generator without code, which makes the solution accessible to all users, regardless of their level of technical knowledge. The platform also allows policies to be extended to other tools in the data stack, allowing data to be cached, masked, redacted and anonymized based on privilege levels.
- Project workspaces, that allow data sharing and user collaboration for defined purposes to restrict data access and improve security.
- Dynamic access control model based on attributes, which optimizes scalability and implementation time.
“Data governance is evolving as businesses strive to comply with increasingly stringent regulatory requirements and increasing amounts of sensitive data, ”said Matthew Carroll, CEO of Immuta. “There is a growing need for tighter data access control to protect data while allowing increased data usage. Immuta being recognized as a leader is a testament to our position in the market and a reflection of our continued commitment to our clients.
This report follows recent research by GigaOm which found that Immuta’s attribute-based access control requires 75 times fewer policy changes and offers significant savings over competing solutions.
For more information, see the full report here: GigaOm Radar Report for Data Governance Solutions.
Immuta is the market leader in cloud data access control, providing engineering and data operations teams with a universal platform to control access to analytical datasets in the cloud. Only Immuta can automate access control for all data, on any cloud service, across the entire compute infrastructure. Data-driven organizations around the world rely on Immuta to speed up data access time, securely share more data with more users, and mitigate the risk of data breaches and breaches. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
For more information about Immuta, visit www.immuta.com and join the Immuta conversation on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.