RZBoard V2L – A business card sized Renesas RZ/V2L SBC for AI vision applications
Avnet RZBoard V2L is an Arm Linux SBC for AI vision applications that is about the size of a business card (or a Raspberry Pi) and is powered by a Renesas RZ/V2L Cortex-A55/M33 processor with an on-chip DRP-AI accelerator.
The board also comes with 2GB of DDR4, 32GB of eMMC flash memory, 16MB of QSPI flash memory, Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0, multiple USB ports, MIPI DSI/CSI interfaces, as well as an in – Pi HAT compatible 40-pin GPIO header.
RZBoard V2L Specifications:
- SoC – Renesas RZ/V2L with 2 Arm Cortex A55 cores at 1.2 GHz, 1 real-time Arm Cortex M33 core at 200 MHz, Arm Mali G31 GPU at 500 MHz, DRP-AI accelerator, DRP Simple ISP (full HD), and an H.264 Hardware Video Enc/Dec (full HD)
- System memory – 2 GB DDR4 (16 bit with ECC)
- 32GB eMMC flash
- 16 MB QSPI NI Flash
- microSD card slot
- Video output – MIPI DSI and HDMI (selectable)
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI connector
- Audio – 3.5mm stereo jack with mic input
- RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port
- Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0 801.11ac module plus external antenna connected u.FL
- USB – 2 USB 2.0 host ports and 1 USB 2.0 OTG port
- CAN – CAN FD Interface and transceiver
- Raspberry Pi 40 pin expansion header
- 8-pin WTB header (ADC, CAN-FD input)
- 8-pin WTB header (UART, USB, CAN-FD)
- Debug – 10-pin JTAG/SWD debugger header
- Miscellaneous – 1x User RGB LED, 2x Button Switches
- Power supply – 5V via USB Type-C port
- Dimensions – 85 x 56mm form factor
- Temperature range – 0~70°C
Just like other Renesas RZ/G2L and RZ/V2L based boards, such as the Geniatech “AHAURA” and “AKITIO” development boards, the RZBoard V2L SBC is supported by a Civil “super long term” based BSP. Infrastructure Platform Linux which will be maintained for at least 10 years. Avnet also offers reference designs that highlight AI vision implementations using the DRP-AI core. I could not find any software documentation for the card at the time of writing.
The board comes with a dual band U.FL antenna and a quick start instruction card. Optional accessories include a 7-inch MIPI display, a 5MP MIPI CSI camera, and a 5V/3A USB Type-C power supply. The SBC targets vision-accelerated artificial intelligence, Edge AI applications, machine learning, access control systems, inventory and asset monitoring, surveillance cameras with person/object recognition, smart home devices and industrial robotics.
While the RZBoard V2L single-board computer has a form factor similar to Raspberry Pi 4, it targets industrial applications, and Avnet has launched pre-orders for the board for $149 with shipping expected to begin in Q3 2022. Information additional information can be found on the product and press release page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 on a part-time basis, before stepping down as Director of Software Engineering and starting writing daily news and reviews full-time later in 2011.
Support CNX software! Make a donation through PayPal Where cryptocurrencies, become a patron on Patreon, or buy exam samples