Senior Communications Advisor – Content and Digital
– Central Melbourne location; flexible working arrangements
– Two (2) year contract; 0.8 or full time
– Approximately $ 100,000 plus 10% super packaging and NFP
Hope & Glory is thrilled to be the Recruitment Partner helping Center for Eye Research Australia (CERA) find a Senior Communications Advisor – Content & Digital. The goal of CERA is to prevent vision loss and ultimately find remedies to restore sight. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that achieves this essential goal.
About the organization
CERA is an independent medical research institute, proudly affiliated with the University of Melbourne and based at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital in Melbourne.
True innovators, CERA scientists are on the verge of new discoveries every day that give hope to people suffering or at risk of becoming blind.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Communications, Fundraising and Advocacy Manager and working within a small, high-performing team, this role is responsible for content creation and management of CERA’s website and social media channels. .
This is a role for a digital communications and storyteller professional who can create engaging and accessible content around eye research and eye health.
In this role, you will undertake a range of activities including (but not limited to):
– participate in the development of CERA’s digital strategy
– develop timely, high quality and relevant digital content
– maintain and continuously improve the CERA website
– management of CERA’s presence on social networks
– regularly produce and distribute e-newsletters and communications with donors
– end-to-end control of paid digital campaigns including fundraising and donor acquisition
– provide regular information through digital analysis
– liaise with the main stakeholders
– management of external suppliers.
You are an experienced digital allrounder, ready to take on an active and practical role. You are able to come up with thoughtful plans and then roll up your sleeves to make your ideas a reality.
You will feel comfortable interviewing subject matter experts and helping them synthesize complex scientific and health information into simple, consumer-friendly content. You know how to build and engage an audience across a range of digital touchpoints.
Your CV probably shows the following:
– a graduate degree in communications, journalism, digital marketing or other related discipline or equivalent industry experience
– a solid understanding of the principles of website design and development
– high levels of experience with content management systems, including Word Press.
– experience using email marketing software including Campaign Monitor
– excellent written communication and storytelling skills
– experience in planning and coordinating digital marketing activities and materials for paid, acquired and owned channels.
You bring a mature and thoughtful approach to your work. Your colleagues and clients seek your advice on a range of complex issues because of your ability to provide sound advice. Strong team orientation and collegiality are distinct characteristics of your working style.
How to register
Interested in knowing more? Make this the first step in applying online so that Hope & Glory can quickly assess your potential suitability. Inquiries can be directed to Matt Harrison or Sophie Veale at Hope & Glory at 03 / 9578-1000. Please leave a message and we’ll get back to you shortly.
All applications and inquiries will be answered and the result of the process will be communicated to all applicants.
All applicants must have full working rights for Australia and the preferred applicant (s) will eventually undergo a full background check. You will also be required to comply with all public health orders.
By applying, you agree to Hope & Glory’s privacy statement, which can be viewed at www.hopeandglory.com.au.
The salary will be prorated accordingly for 0.8 work.
As the successful recruiting partner for this assignment, all third-party and direct applications sent to CERA will be returned to Hope & Glory for evaluation.
Hope & Glory is Melbourne’s agile recruitment agency for marketing, media and communications.